In the United States, less than 25% of women are present in STEM careers, and women of color are even less than that. With Real IMPACT, we want to change that percentage right here in Central Georgia with our STEMtastic Saturday program.
STEMtastic Saturday is a monthly event that is designed for girls in the community grades 3-8. From learning code, programming robots, performing chemistry experiments, learning ecology, building web pages, and designing cars, it is an endless stream of fun at our STEMtastic Saturdays!
Girls have a chance to choose between the Code Club and STEAM Academy. Instruction is led by educators from K-12 or college level, and at times from STEM professionals and area STEM engaged company partners as well. This program is supported by STEM Ambassadors who have graduated from Real IMPACT’s STEM program and who are on a pathway to a STEM career.
- We offer two sessions per year
- 1st Session: January through April (4 months, Saturdays only)
- 2nd Session: August through November (4 months, Saturdays only)
- Students are registered separately for each session
- Each session is $60 per student
2022 STEMtastic Saturdays
- Information Pending